Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pulse of Orlando

      I know it sounds like a cliché, but it's a cliché that happens to be true: if you make guns illegal, only criminals would have guns.  If you could take away ALL guns-- and that includes police and military--effectively banning them from planet earth, I would have zero problem giving up my guns. I already don't have an issue with tightening the process to eliminate guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them, as well as civilians with assault weapons. But as long as criminals have them, you really don't want law abiding citizens to be unarmed if they choose to be armed. Again, that cliché I mentioned above... it's really true.

      I give a lot of credit to the Muslim leaders who immediately came out in public on television against the attacks in Orlando yesterday... they took a huge risk in doing that, and are to be commended.

My candidate would have dropped everything and gone to Florida where they would have very visibly done things like donate blood, visit with relatives of victims, etc. Tells you a lot about the candidates for the 2016 cycle.

No comments: